Friday 9 November 2012

Test build almost complete

The first rough build is nearing completion - a test ride with a stand-in seatpost is imminent.

The brake cable problem has been resolved with a pair of alternative ferrules from MK Cycles, and I've temporarily fitted a couple of flimsy (7g each!) foam handlebar grips.

I've even installed a Cateye V2/V3 computer mounting kit, which is a story in itself - I ended up fitting the speed/cadence sensor upside down and back-to-front, and stuck the cadence magnet on the end of the pedal spindle - maybe I'll take some more photos and write that up tomorrow.


The M590 crankset is still fitted, as I haven't even begun the XTR M960 crankset modifications yet.

Having discussed the chain length issue with Mr Wotler et al, I've decided to leave the borrowed 110 link chain on for the first ride. If all is well, I'll then shorten a new chain to 110 and probably run that for a while, and reserve judgement on possibly going to 108 at a later date.

The next step, after a few test rides, will be to tear it down again and tackle the aesthetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment